Sunday, June 12, 2011

Warrior Dash!


So today my roommate and I had one of our usual abnormal bonding opportunities. We trekked to Skirmish, PA, and participated in the Warrior Dash. I made myself a shirt that had Joshua 1:9 on it. This verse seemed fitting considering the name of the race. It is a 3.5 mile long obstacle course that included lots of mud, roots, rocks, a 20 foot wall that we had to scale, castles to run through, tunnels to crawl through, cargo nets to climb, streams and lakes to slosh up, tires to traverse, and fire to jump. We had an amazing experience and laughed most of the way, not counting when I bit it and smashed my knee off a rock in the first mile. That left me limping for a few steps, which was announced by another participant with a hearty yell of "Limping!" in case I was not aware of my own condition. I also smacked my back off the top of a tunnel, but kept trudging along. Pretty much I can't wait to do it again next year and really am looking forward to the other races we plan to run together.

No comments:

Post a Comment