Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fight the Good Fight

This past week for me has definitely been a fight; a fight against myself and acknowledging that stifling anger and resentment is never the avenue to follow.  It has definitely been a learning experience in how to handle myself and how to approach many situations in life.  My main stumbling block was definitely the anger that seemed to be boiling under my surface and I finally had to confront the source of that anger.  By being truly honest, I was able to ease the anger housed within my soul and continue on with my week.
I definitely think that running and heavy bag training truly saved me this week.  Having the physical outlet for my anger and discontent definitely kept me from completely ruining a good part of my life.  The heavy bag was a quick and easy fix to my aggression and I immediately felt relief after the workout.  Throughout the week, I made sure that I got a couple short runs in leading up to my distance run on Friday.  I truly believe that this all helped to bolster my faith and again realize that I cannot make it through life alone without God.  This became abundantly clear during the last half mile of my 5.75 mile run because I prayed for assistance up that last hill.  I knew in my heart that God had carried me that far so I was confident that He would see me through to the end of my run.  Upon completion, 2 Timothy 4:7 came to mind, which states, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."  Every day is a battle, whether physically, mentally, or emotionally, and it is an accomplishment to survive.  Because of this, we must always remember to give thanks to God every step of the way, for without Him, we would be nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment