Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Outlook 2013

Well it's a new year finally. Some might approach it with apprehension, while others might be excited for new prospects. No matter how you feel about the coming of 2013, a piece of Scripture to keep in mind as you tackle the new year is Isaiah 41:10, which states, "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." It is a good reminder to know that whatever the year brings, God will be with us every step of the way.
Personally, I'm not sure how this year will go. I hope that full time employment is in the cards for me. I do know that I am trying to be faithful to God and taking advantage of opportunities that have presented themselves. Some friends of mine that I met through my volunteer work with Samaritan's Purse have invited me down to North Carolina so that I can check out their area to see if I would be willing to move if a job presents itself. At this point, it can't hurt, and the fellowship will be an added benefit to the roadtrip.
Another hope of mine for this year is that I'll recapture my love of running and exercise. I have a degree in exercise physiology and I used to run a lot in high school and college, but I've had my moments of being frustrated with the sport and with exercise in general. Recently, though, I wrote out a program for a friend of mine and I have also tried to provide her with motivation and encouragement. My goal is to utilize my own motivation and encouragement to bring back my desire to run. I'm trying to remember to start slow, though. Today I ran a half mile, just down to the end of my road and back. Enough to get my heart rate up and feel like I accomplished something, but not too far that I exhausted myself and refuse to try again tomorrow. I figure by slowly building up my mileage, I will be able to once again enjoy running the long distances I tackled in the past.
No matter what your fears or goals are for this year, remember that God is with you every step of the way. There won't be a single situation in your life that He isn't in control of. That should bring comfort and confidence as you make your way through 2013. If you begin to feel overwhelmed, trust that God is right there next to you and completely understands what you're going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment