Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Why Aren't I Thriving?: A Multi-Part Series

I have decided to try something a little different with this blog. In order to expand upon my last post about trying to thrive in God's love, I have decided to start a brief series outlining potential roadblocks to thriving that I learned about in the past year. I think it's very important to be aware of potential struggles along the narrow path and I think this "Why Aren't I Thriving?," or W.A.I.T., series is a way to explore these issues.
This year I am determined to live with a deeper awareness of my surroundings and with a deeper awareness of the people in my life. I gained some inspiration and desire to change while listening to the song, "The Redeemer," by Sanctus Real. This song is a reminder to move forward and thrive despite finding yourself down for the count. Even if it means starting over completely, it is totally worth it in the long run in order to follow the path and purpose God has planned for your life. The following is the song in its entirety:
Sometime I just wanna start over
'Cause everything looks like a wreck
And I need the courage to carry on
'Cause I can't see what's ahead
And there are places I've wished I could be
Battles I've wanted to win
Dreams that have slipped through my hands
I may never get back again
But I'm still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I lost my faith in so many things
But I still believe in You
'Cause You can make anything new
Sometimes I just wish we could say
All the things that are easy to hear
Ignore the injustice we see
And explain every unanswered prayer
But I'd rather speak honestly
And wear a tattered heart on my sleeve
"Cause in the middle of my broken dreams
Redemption is here
And I'm still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I lost my faith in so many things
But I still believe in You
"Cause You are the answer, the Redeemer
Oh, I've given up on too many things
But I'm not giving up on You
"Cause You can make anything new
I don't have every answer in life
But I'm trusting You one day at a time
"Cause You can make a weak heart stay alive
Forever
And this is where heaven and earth collide
I lift my hands, I give my life
This is how my weary heart stays alive
Oh, I'm still a dreamer, still a believer
And You are the answer, the Redeemer
"Cause You can make anything new
Yeah, You can make anything new
On a final note, I would like to call to your attention Psalm 37:23-24, which reminds us that the Lord will not forsake us, even when we stumble. As I launch the W.A.I.T. series, meditate on these words in order to focus on thriving: "The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment