Saturday, May 14, 2011

Culmination of Preparation

Well, tomorrow is the big day that I have been looking forward to and dreading all at once: marathon day. Everybody says that I should be excited, and I'm sure deep down I am. The surface is swirling with apprehension, though. Sure I have put in the necessary training, but the past two weeks have not been steady, and my longest run was only 18 miles, which is the exact distance where I smashed into the wall in Harrisburg. I'm lucky that my friend is napping while I type this because I'm sure she would slap me in the face for housing such doubts. I really need to focus on building confidence for the race in the morning, (which ought to be interesting since they are calling for thunderstorms...dodging lightning bolts anyone?) and the perfect bit of scripture for that is housed within 1 Peter. The verse I'm thinking of is 1 Peter 5:7, which commands, "Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you." So instead of worrying about how I might do, I plan on focusing on the fact that God will be watching over me and caring about each and every step I take. Knowing this, I truly believe that I can gut it out to the very end of the marathon and triumph in under 4 hours. I will also cloak myself in the words of 2 Timothy 2:1 ~ "You then, my son, be strong in grace that is in Christ Jesus." With His grace, all things are possible and I will find the strength to succeed in order to glorify His name with each stride I take along the streets of Wilmington, Delaware, tomorrow morning. I would say wish me luck, but luck is not what is needed. Prayer is much more suitable. So if you desire to do so, please pray for me as I begin my race at 7am EST, and I will update you all on what I accomplished once I have the energy to do that.

1 comment:

  1. You're right...*SLAP* ...I love you friend, you're going to kick butt! I have no doubts...God's got your back, and if He's on your side, who can be against you? <3

    ReplyDelete