Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Lord's Provision

Some of you might know that I've been unemployed since July. For those who didn't, you are now caught up to speed. I graduated with my Master's of Science in Clinical Exercise Physiology in August and have been applying to jobs ever since to no avail. There were few jobs in my field that had openings, so for the past month I have applying to anything from the UPS warehouse, to snowshoveling jobs, to medical assistant positions, to a website design gig. Still nothing. Back in September, I was frustrated that my life had no direction, but eventually I ended up letting that frustration go and decided it was best to be thankful for what I do have.
A few weeks ago, I decided to apply at a temp agency after a friend of mine suggested I give that a shot. I filled out all of the necessary paperwork and hoped for the best. Tonight I got a phone call from the temp agency offering me a part-time position as a data-entry clerk for a plastics company, which I greatly accepted. I was just so thankful to have God provide me with a job with Christmas coming up. I was praying that things would all work out in His time and I know I had plenty of people from church and Bible study praying for me as well. I feel very blessed to have God's faithfulness come to light in my life. As Paul says in Philippians 4:19-20, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment